Monthly Archives: December 2009
This competition is Australia wide and covered 21 abattoirs.
147 entries from WA, Tasmania, Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales to Nth Queensland.
2nd Pen of 3 Medium Trade Chiller Steers – 180 to 260 kg – 13 pens in the class
3rd Pen of 3 Export Bullocks – 300 to 420 kg – 28 pens in the class.
Congratulations to Keith & Bev Lacey of “Grenada” Bazadais – Winners with their Bazadais / Droughtmaster cross.
1st and Champion Pen Grass Fed Steers.
Highest lean meat yield carcase.
Following on from their great achievements at the Beef 2009 National Carcase Competition.
Medium Trade Pasture Fed 180 – 260 kg: Dent 0-2
- 2nd overall with 241.15 points.
- Less than .5 of a mark between 1st and 2nd
- Official Results Certificate – Medium Trade Pasture Fed 180-260kg
Export Pasture Fed 300 – 420 kg: Dent 0-6
- 3rd with 196.14 points
- Official Results Certificate – Export pasture Fed 300 – 420kg
Heavy Trade Pasture Fed 260.1 – 340kg: Dent 0-2
- Even though these steers were disqualified for two being just underweight it is worth just checking the results.
- The winning pen had a score of 204.06
- The pen of steers for Keith Lacey was 212.84 without the Pen Bonus
- Official Results Certificate – Heavy Trade 260.1 – 340 kg